The South Kingstown Parks and Recreation Department’s Pickleball Advisory Committee (hereafter referred to as PAC) will consist of community members or players representing a cross section of the Town’s pickleball community. The committee will serve in an advisory capacity to Parks and Recreation Department staff. The Recreation Superintendent or her designee will serve as the staff contact for the committee.
Interested South Kingstown residents should read and complete the PAC application and submit it no later than December 22, 2022 to Athletic Supervisor, Taylor Lynch, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by US postal service to Taylor Lynch, SK Recreation Center, 30 St. Dominic Rd., Wakefield, RI 02879.
Members will serve for a one-year term beginning in February 2023. The Parks and Recreation Department will develop recommendations for appointment by the South Kingstown Recreation Commission at the February Recreation Commission meeting.
The PAC will consist of 7 members. At the first meeting in February, the members will select a chairperson. The Recreation Superintendent or her staff designee will serve as the Secretary.
PAC meetings will be scheduled as needed with a minimum of 4 meetings taking place throughout the year (pre-season, spring, summer, and fall).
- Provide input to staff on development and operational policies and procedures of the various pickleball programs, leagues, and events.
- Provide input to staff on permitting of outdoor facilities to ensure equitable use
- Provide input to staff on pickleball facilities – short and long-term development
- Act as an arbitrating board in the resolution of disputes
- Committee application period will open on November 28, 2022, with a deadline of December 22nd.
- Interviews will take place by January 31, 2023. The interview committee will consist of the Sports and Fitness Supervisor, Recreation Superintendent and Recreation Center Manager.
- A recommendation will be submitted to the Director of Leisure Services no later than the 1st Friday of February.
- A recommendation will be submitted to the South Kingstown Recreation Commission at the February meeting.