Over the last few years the Parks and Recreation Department has incrementally increased the number of outdoor Pickleball courts to keep pace with the growing demand for this fun (and addictive!) paddle sport. Residents and visitors can now play pickleball at Curtis Corner Play Fields, West Kingston Park, Brousseau Park, and Old Mountain Field. There are 21 courts in all!
Whether you are a beginner just learning how to “dink”; or an advanced player, there is room for everyone. We ask that everyone respect the rules of court use.
A few reminders:
- South Kingstown tennis/pickleball courts are open to the public on a first come first serve basis, unless permitted through the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Courts may be reserved/rented for a fee which is set by the South Kingstown Recreation Commission.
- South Kingstown Recreation Programs, South Kingstown School Department, and groups with a facility rental permit have first right to the courts.
- Individuals/Groups without a rental permit should limit play to one hour if others are waiting to use the courts.
- Use of the courts for the purpose of charging for lessons or league play is strictly prohibited without a facility rental permit.
NOTE: There is currently high demand for the OLD MOUNTAIN FIELD courts. If you participate in a drop-in program, matches should be limited to rotation on four of the six courts, and leave two courts available for others not interested in rotational play.
There are multiple opportunities for lessons or league play. Peruse the Parks and Recreation Brochure to learn what’s available to you. Or for more information, contact the Neighorhood Guild at 401-789-9301.