On Monday June 13, 2022, the South Kingstown Historic District Commission presented the winners of its 2022 Commendation Awards to the Town Council. The following properties were recognized:
- Residential Restoration Award: 109 Columbia Street, Carpenter House (ca. 1860);
- Commercial Rehabilitation: 200 Main Street, Stedman’s Bicycle Shop Annex (ca. 1850);
- Adaptive Re-Use: 4780 Tower Hill Road, Shepherd’s Run (ca. 1933);
- Residential Reconstruction: 2563 Kingstown Road, Hagadorn House Fence (ca. early 19th c.);
- Legacy Business: 494B Glen Rock Road, Glen Rock Mill (early to mid 19th c.); and
- Viewshed Enhancement: 245 Main Street, Overlook of Riverside Cemetery (1870).