The Town of South Kingstown is closely monitoring and preparing for the imminent winter storm this evening, expected to continue throughout the day Saturday.
The National Weather Service has announced a BLIZZARD WARNING is IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT SATURDAY NIGHT.
- Heavy snow is expected with accumulations of 15 to 24 inches with Winds gusting as high as 60 mph.
- Residents should finalize preparations for this storm today
- A Town-wide parking ban goes into effect as of 7pm tonight until further notice.
- Residents are advised to shelter in place on Saturday, January 29th and to stay off the roads during the storm and after in order for snowplowing crews to work as efficiently and safely as possible
- Remember to check on elderly family members and neighbors.
- For emergencies call 9-1-1.
Report power outages directly to National Grid, please do not call police dispatch. To report a power outage visit nationalgridus.com/OutageCentral or call 1-800-465-1212. Do not rely on your neighbors to report power outages to National Grid as the power outage may be specific to your home’s electrical service.
Verizon has provided the following information for their customers: report any service-related issue, receive alerts and find helpful service-related FAQs at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) or online at www.verizon.com/outage. Small business customers can visit www.verizon.com/business; medium business and enterprise customers should contact their regular customer service centers or account teams, as needed. Enterprise customers can also access https://enterprisecenter.verizon.com.
- Rose Hill Transfer Station. Will reopen for normal business on Monday, January 31st.
- Recreation Center and Neighborhood Guild. The recreation basketball program for Saturday is cancelled and will be made up on February 19th.
- All library branches (Peace Dale, Kingston Free and Robert Beverly Hale).
- State run Covid-19 Vaccination and Testing site at the South Road school facility.
TIPS FOR STORM PREPARATION
- Check your emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply, especially medications and medical supplies. Keep it nearby.
SIDEWALK SNOW REMOVAL
- Owners of property abutting sidewalks are reminded that they are responsible for sidewalk snow removal within 12 hours after storm cessation in accordance with Sec. 16-2 of the Town Code.
Storm information updates will be posted here.