All work in a Town right of way (ROW) must be performed by a contractor licensed by the Town. The following is required in order to become a Town licensed contractor:
- Completed Application Form.
- Certificate of Insurance with the following coverage
- Comprehensive General Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000
- Property Damage Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000
- The "Town of South Kingstown" must be named as an "additional insured"
- Permit Bond in the amount of $3,000
- Payment of the $25 annual fee
Once all of the above items are received and a license number is assigned, the contractor may then pull a permit to work in the Town right of way.
Review Chapter 16 of the Town Code
for more information.