Borrow, Renew, and Pay Fines
Ocean State Libraries Online
Renew and reserve Library items and check your Library record online.
- Books and CDs, 3 Week Loan
- DVDs, 1 Week Loan
- DVD Series, 3 Week Loan
- Magazines, 1 Week Loan
- Museum Passes, 1 Day Loan
Request an Item
Most circulating materials can be placed on hold. Items not owned by the South Kingstown Public Library may be sent from other Ocean State Libraries members upon request.
To place holds online:
- Visit the Library Catalog.
- Perform search (title, author, series, keyword) to find the item you are interested in borrowing.
- Select the item you would like to order by clicking Request button.
- Type in your library card and PIN number.
- Make sure you choose the pickup location.
- Click the submit button.
- You will receive a phone, email or text message when the requested item is available for pickup.
Renewals can be made by phone or the online catalog. Most items may be renewed once.
Items that cannot be renewed include:
- Items Requested by Another Patron
- Items That Are More Than 14 Days Overdue
- Museum Passes
- Non-Ocean State Library Items
Fines are $0.10 for most items, $2 per day for DVDs and videos, and $5 per day for museum passes.
Individual Ocean State Libraries set their own fees, which apply when borrowing their items.
You may pay fines for overdue and lost materials at the library by cash or check, or online using a credit card. If you wish to pay fines online, log into your library card account, click "Pay Online," and follow the prompts for instructions. MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
Currently the system does not support payments via PayPal. The minimum fine amount that can be paid by credit card is $1.01. If your fines are less than this amount, "Pay Online" will not show. If you do not wish to pay all of the fines at once, you can "uncheck" the fines you do not wish to pay at that time, and hit "recalculate" to pay only the checked, selected fines. Each selected fine must be paid in full-you cannot pay a partial amount on a selected fine.