Becoming a ROW Licensed Contractor

All work in a Town right of way (ROW) must be performed by a contractor licensed by the Town. The following is required in order to become a Town licensed contractor:
  • Completed Application Form.
  • Certificate of Insurance with the following coverage
    • Comprehensive General Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000
    • Property Damage Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000
    • The "Town of South Kingstown" must be named as an "additional insured"
  • Permit Bond in the amount of $3,000
  • Payment of the $25 annual fee
Once all of the above items are received and a license number is assigned, the contractor may then pull a permit to work in the Town right of way.

Additional Information

Download the Licensed Contractor Application form (PDF). The Right of Way (ROW) forms can be found on the Town Right of Way page. Review Chapter 16 of the Town Code for more information.