Historic District Commission
- 5:30 p.m.
- Dates vary, see calendar for upcoming meetings
- Council Chambers
180 High Street
Wakefield, RI 02879
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The seven members are appointed to 3-year terms.
- Richard Youngken - Chair
- Shantia Anderheggen - Vice Chair
- Andrew Martinez - Secretary
- Karen M. daSilva
- Linda M. Stedman
- Murray Gates
The purpose of the Historic District Commission is to promote historic preservation in the Kingston Historic District. The Commission reviews plans for construction, demolition, relocation and exterior alterations of structures located in the designated historic district as well as plans for alterations to historic cemeteries. The Commission also serves in an advisory capacity to the Planning Board and the Town Council on historic preservation issues.
Historic South Kingstown
Kingston Historic District
- Kingston Historic District Map
- Kingston Historic District Homeowner's Guidebook / Historic Preservation Standards & Guidelines (2013)
- Kingston Historic District - Application for Exterior Alterations
- S.K. Historic Dist. Comm. - Rules of Procedure (2012)
- S.K. Charter & Code Provisions for Historic Districts
- S.K. Zoning Ordinance - Historic Districts
- R.I. Historical Area Zoning Act - RIGL 45-24.1
- National Register Application for Historic Kingston Village