Mission Statement The Personnel Division’s mission, as part of the Town Manager’s Office, is to provide consistent, effective, and efficient human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services that contribute to attaining Town and employee goals. By making this commitment to its employees, the Town promotes an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity, and provides outstanding service to the community. The Division’s reach extends from the first inquiry about a position vacancy through retirement, with the goal being to provide quality service to all prospective, current, and previous employees, and to treat such individuals with respect and good care.
The Personnel Division administers the all of the human resources related services and programs for the Town of South Kingstown’s full time and part time employees.
Principal functions of the Personnel Division include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of qualified applicants into a diverse workforce
- Employment and orientation services
- Ensure a safe and discrimination free environment
- Update and administer employee benefits programs
- Pre-payroll administration and processes
- Personnel policy development and administration
- Job classification, compensation, and labor market research
- Employee/labor relations and contract administration
- Maintenance of personnel records
- Management of the Town’s human resource database
- Management of performance evaluation programs
- Management of Worker’s Comp and OJI processes for work related injuries
- Provide appropriate programs for training and development of employees
- Ensure adherence to local and federal employment laws and mandates
- Manage the enrollment process for employee fringe benefits
- Administration of COBRA continuation coverage
- Administration of post employment benefit programs
The Town of South Kingstown is committed to the principal of equal opportunity and prohibits the discrimination against employees because of race, religion, creed, color, age, marital status, political belief, country or ancestral origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable federal or state law.